YES I KNOW, I have hopped on the bandwagon.
I recently went out and splashed a small amount of cash on a Spiralizer and I bloody LOVE it. Getting more green-y goodness into anyone's diet is important, and this bad boy helps you do just that. I picked mine up for a nifty £27.99 from Lakeland and hurried home to make myself some delicious courgetti dish that I could flash about on my Instagram.
I thought I would share with you a little recipe of mine that I have been digging. Feel free to chop and change bits as you will, and definitely tag me on those Instafood pics so I can see your lovely creations!
I love the fact that after you have scoffed down a plateful of this, you have no bloated pasta belly that you need to cradle. It's mighty good for you (minus the sausages and cheese but they don't really count, right?) and it's a grand 2 of your 5-a-day in just one meal. Winning!
I have found this recipe makes a good old portion for 2.
What you'll need:
- 3 small garlic segments (crushed)
- 1 broccoli stalk and a few florets
- 2 medium sized courgettes
- 4 sausages (cut up in little bite size pieces)
- Loyd Grossman Tomato & Basil sauce (or equivalent)
- Crumbly feta cheese
- Shaved/grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large glass of merlot (for drinking whilst cooking, also optional)
1) Start by washing and drying your veg. Chop both ends off the courgettes and spiralize (I used blade B for spaghetti style noodles). Next get your broccoli and cut the stalk off. Chop any branches off and top and tail the stalk and spiralize. Pop all of your noodles into a bowl and set aside for later.
2) In a wok, pop in a little oil, your crushed garlic and some salt and pepper. Add in your bite size pieces of sausage and start to fry. After around 5 minutes, pop in a handful of broccoli florets and finish frying all together until your sausage is properly cooked through.
3) Now it's time to add your tomato & basil sauce. Stir this in until it is hot.
4) Once hot, crumble in some feta cheese and sprinkle some Parmesan. Add your noodles and stir in together. Make sure all the noodles are covered in sauce.
5) Leave this to cook for a further 5 minutes until your noodles have started to soften.
6) Plate up and sprinkle a little feta and Parmesan on top.
7) GOBBLE UP THE GOODNESS.
Bon appétie guys!!