So we have been blessed with the glorious 3 day weekend, praise the Lord - Amen! So I thought I'd compile a teenie list for you guys if you find yourself stuck for ideas on what to do this weekend. Or any weekend really, but yeah. Have a good one guys, have a drink on me and be merry!
1) Primrose Hill, Hampstead Heath, Green Park, Regents Park – ALL the parks. Grab a picnic and go and get your tan on in one of London’s amazing parks. We may live in a huge city, but there are some absolutely BEAUTIFUL green spots around London Town to check out.
2) Udderbelly Festival/Wonderground at Southbank. This little weird and wonderful sanctuary is basically an adult’s playground. Fancy a spot of fairground ride action, circus shows that will blow your mind, or just a bev or two (or four)? Head on down to this spot and experience its awesomeness. It's just a mere 5 minute walk from Waterloo station, and is surrounded by typical Southbank entertainment, and most importantly, good food.
3) A bike ride on the Santander bikes – previously known as the Barclays bikes. These are so cheap to use and are a great way to explore the city above ground. With docking stations dotted all over the city, you needn’t worry about having to get back to your starting point. Ride like the wind Bullseye.
4) Columbia Road Flower Market, Broadway Market, Portobello Road Market, Brick Lane Market, Borough Market – ALL the markets! Go and grab yourself a bargain or some tantalising grub at one of London’s most amazing markets this bank holiday.
5) Street Feast – Dalston Yard. Now Dalston is a pretty darn cool area and holds a lot of hidden gems – this being one of them. The Street Feast Festival is a yard full of amazing and delicious cuisine. You, or your tastebuds, will NOT be disappointed. It's open 5pm till midnight and is free to get in before 7pm (£3 after).